Breed: Chihuahua X
Age: 5 Months
Size: Very Small
If you love your dogs tiny but mighty, look no further than your boy, Gecko!
Gecko is a 2.4 kgs of pure fun! His teeny tiny body houses a big personality, which is not only charming but totally irresistible. His love for his foster mum is huge (the feelings mutual) but it also extends to his fur foster family, made up of dogs big and small. Gecko has taken a firm stance as sidekick to the resident Chihuahua, Bean and the two are most often found wrestling or napping together.
Currently attending a positive reinforcement-based puppy school, Gecko has learnt so much in his time in foster care, which doesn’t just include the usual sit, stay, down stuff, he also has quite a few tricks up his sleeve! This little guy is super smart, he picks up things quite fast and is brave to try new things. Despite not being the typical ‘sports dog’ his foster carer thinks he’d be a great candidate for someone interested in perhaps dabbling in a bit of trick dog training, agility or noseworks. If you are looking for a little lap dog, that just wants to sit beside you on the couch and potter around the garden, Gecko is not your boy… and whilst he does like a snuggle in your arms, he really loves to keep himself busy!
Gecko is highly food motivated, in fact he eats so fast he needs to eat out of puzzle toys and go-slow bowls so he doesn’t make himself sick. He currently sleeps in a crate soundly at night and his toilet training is progressing but will take a little while longer before he totally gets it.
Here’s an outline of what home we feel is best for Gecko:
* A home with another dog is a must! Whilst Gecko does get along with dogs of all sizes, a dog on the smaller side interested in playing is most ideal.
* Gecko arrived into care very malnourished, he is currently on a BARF (raw food) diet, which has helped him become stronger and more energetic, a family that will be committed to feeding a high-quality diet is essential.
* Whilst Gecko is quite a confident boy, he is very small and we would prefer no children under 10 in the home.
* Preference will be given to someone who is able to help transition him into his new home, adopting him on the weekend and going back to work full time on Monday, ideally a plan will be in place to help Gecko feel comfortable and safe before being left alone for long periods.
* Daily walks and outings are essential; Gecko is a social guy and loves to get out and about.
To apply for Gecko, please shoot us an email and we will forward you an ‘adoption application’ as we anticipate that Geckos will have a large number of enquires. Please allow up to a week post application for a response. We try our best to be fast and efficient but these enquires might take us a hot minute.
Gecko comes desexed, microchipped, vaccinated and heartworm treated. The adoption fee is $495. Gecko is not available for adoption outside of NSW (Except ACT). If you would like further information on Gecko please email Denise